6 Things Every Groom-to-Be should knowto have a great time at his wedding!
So you decided to get married. If you think the hard part is over (to get her to say yes) you are wrong. Because the difficult part of the wedding starts now (if you haven’t already decided to act like a tourist to your own wedding and just show up in the church the right time and day)!
- Who will be your best man. Sure you have an idea about who you want to have as your best man. But what happens if you have drifted apart with the person you think as your best friend? Or your soon to be wife hates the person you want to have as your best man? Something you should always keep in mind is that “happy wife, happy life”! And that you want to have someone by your side that represents you as a person in your entire life and not just happens to be close to lately.
- The bachelor party. Yes, it is true this is your “last” party as a single man. But keep in mind the “what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas” does not apply. Ofcourse you will party like there is no tomorrow, but don’t forget there is a thin line between freedom and stupidity! And don’t think of your party like your last night before you go to the electric chair but like a new start so party accordingly!
- Take care of yourself. Your soon to be wife wants you and has accepted you the way you are right now. Of course you will take care of yourself (it’s better you hit the gym on a regular basis, 3-4 months before the wedding) but don’t overdo it! Don’t decide last minute to shave your beard or change your haircut, just trim it and clean up yourself.
- When it’s your turn to shop for presents, think of yourself like Santa. Your best man will spend quite a lot of money for your bachelor party and your wedding. So think twice when you go shopping for their present. And on your bachelor party, how about you buy the gang some shots as well?
- Be ready to talk! At the wedding reception you and your wife will be the most wanted people that everyone will want to talk to. All your friends and relatives (at least the ones you invited) are there to wish you happiness and to talk to you. So be prepared to act like a politician, to have small talk with people you don’t know very well and to have a face that hurts from smiling all the time. But think that it is only for a short while and that there is a lot of alcohol and a lot of partying involved!
- And speaking of alcohol… you want to remember your wedding day (and night) as a special moment in your life. This will not happen if you are wasted from drinking too much. And you definitely don’t want to spend your wedding nigh hugging the toilet and not your new wife!
WT Selected Vendors:If you liked the work of our vendors in this post, check their portfolio:
Photographers Nikos MylonasSee portfolio
Photographers WedPashalis PhotographySee portfolio
Wedding Planning Elite Events AthensSee portfolio
Photographers Chris GouberisSee portfolio
Wedding Planning La fêteSee portfolio