7 every day habits that make us oldfrom Beauty Hall
One thing is for sure. There is no way we can escape wrinkles, no matter what we do or try. But there are some everyday habits that if we limit them, we will be able to delay the breaking of our skin. There is only one habit we will never stop: laughter! Victoria Beckham can do whatever she wants…
But what are those habits?
- Cigarettes, alcohol and staying out late… we put these 3 together since one goes with the other. Like everybody knows, cigarette absorbs the oxygen from our skin, leaving it dull and aged, since it destroys the collagen. This means that as time goes by, the skin completely loses its elasticity, creating wrinkles.So gradually wrinkles form around the mouth. As for alcohol, it has a negative effect in vitamin A, which is an important antioxidant for the skin and the body and it is vital for the creation of new cells. As for staying out late, we all know that you have to pay for your “sins”… lack of sleep creates a lot of problems, one of which is that it harms irreversibly the skin.
- Diet! “We are what we eat”. So true! Excessive consumption of foods with high sugar content not only affects the body weight but also the appearance of the skin. Through a destructive process called glycosylation, sugar molecules attach to the skin protein (including collagen) causing rigidity and dehydration. This causes a loss of elasticity of the skin, shadows, swelling, and even thin lines.
- Chewing gum…. The more you chew the worse it is for your face skin. Lines start spreading and before you realize it, they reach your chin!
- Make up. The problem is not when you wear make up, but when you forget to remove it. When you sleep without properly removing your make up, it is like going to bed with all the air pollution that has gathered in your face throughout the day, allowing them to penetrate pores of your skin, destroying collagen and elastin. So choose a better “partner” to go to bed with!
- Pimples. One of the worst habits is breaking your pimples. Every time you break a pimple, you crush the mast cells of the skin, causing irritation, scarring, and even wrinkles. Let them do their cycle or use special products that make them “disappear”.
- Sunscreen. We have heard it more times than we like: Sun causes serious damage to the skin. So when are you going to stop doing the wrong thing and start using sunscreen every day? Yes, every day. Excuses like “I’m constantly locked in the office”, “today is cloudy” and other excuses, stop here. Even a few minutes of exposure to the sun can cause considerable damage to collagen, which in turn create the wrinkles.
- The way you sleep. Sleep, as mentioned above, might be beneficial, but the way you sleep is not. If you are used to sleeping on your side or your stomach, prefer to sleep on silk pillowcases, that slip over the skin and do not cause lines or wrinkles. Otherwise, try sleeping on your back. The choice is yours!
WT Selected Vendors:If you liked the work of our vendors in this post, check their portfolio:
Make up Artist Tania Sinni | Ts Women’s StudioSee portfolio