The most interesting look for shoulder length or even longer hair is loose waves. It fits with almost every hair type and all the shades while it gives the sense of a loose and “sloppy” look. In this article you will learn how to achieve your own particular wavy-loose hairstyle.
- After you brush your hair having used a hair conditioning or a hair mask, you wash them with lukewarm water and you dry the well using the towel. Be careful! You dry your hair softly and not strongly cause that how your hair gets messed and you may hurt the roots and the edges.
- Use hair foam, preferably one against frizzing and use silk or silicon in order to avoid our hair look dried.
- Start drying your hair without brush them again while your head is upside down and hold the air-drier at least 25-30cm away from your hair and in slow volume. This will take you at least 20-30 minutes so make sure you have plenty time in front of you. This way you won’t discomfort your hair at all and you will avoid frizzing.
- After your hair is completely dry, split it in 4 equal tufts and tie them tightly like ponytails. Them use the ponytails to make braids leaving almost 5-15cm free hair at the end of each braid.
- Use some hairspray along the braids and let them dry.
- After the hair iron is really hot, use it along each braid and make sure to leave as long it takes until your hair is well “burnt”.
- Loose the braids and the polytails, turn your head apside down and brush your hair using your fingers.
"In case the wave is too strong, you use the hair straightener in the middle and the end of some tufts of your hair, avoiding the parting. The wavy look requires little time and patience but it is a very fresh hairstyle, perfect for summer!"george marascas |Make up artist & Hair stylist
WT Selected Vendors:If you liked the work of our vendors in this post, check their portfolio:
- HairstylistsMake up Artist George Marascas