Finally, the most important day of your life has arrived. Your wedding day. How many dreams have you made when you were a kid to this very special moment… when you dressed your doll like a princes and dreamed of the prince on the white horse!
Without us wanting to stress you out, on your wedding day all eyes will be on you -the bride that is- and for this reason you should not make mistakes in your bridal beauty look. So, take paper and pen and start taking notes for the do and don’ts for a perfect bridal look.
- Pay attention to the base! Use a light powder close to the color of your skin and put a very small amount. Otherwise, your skin will look heavy, and even wrinkled! The powder comes in at the end, to shine at certain points, but also to help the makeup “sit” better on your face.
- Bye Bye SPF! That day not use products with sun protection, simply because the flash creates reflection and you will come out looking white as a ghost! And this is something we do not want.
- Give special attention to the eyes and make sure to brighten them with the appropriate concealer, eliminating this way dark circles. Do not fix your eye make up after you put on the base, because there is a great chance it will leave while you are doing your beauty-eye look!
- Do not forget to put matte lipstick. The matte lipstick lasts longer than all lipstick and that is why you should prefer it on your wedding day! Regarding color, the dramatic look that the red lipstick gives is unbeaten! But think that if you choose to have black and white photos in your wedding, red will look black.
- Rouge: it highlights the cheekbones and it brightens the eyes. Just by putting the blush on, you will see your eyes light up and, depending on the color and the amount, you can either emphasize your cheekbones or your eyes. Mistakes are corrected with transparent powder.
- Say no to lipgloss. Especially if you decide to have your hair down and wear veil, avoid it! Even the slightest wind will bring the hair and probably your veil on your face and will stick to the lipgloss… and then the problems will begin.
- Say no to the self-tan. Being tanned is clearly very nice, especially when the wedding is during the summer, but… I will stress three little things. 1. There is a risk soiling your wedding dress, with color from the self-tan. 2. The contrast with the white wedding dress (if you choose white) will be huge and 3. Let’s not forget your other half… he will probably look really white compared to you!
- The day is not suitable for something very eccentric. You can make bold choices any other time of year!